Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior EC&I Engineer
A market leading Defence organisation is currently looking for a Senior EC&I Engineer to take on a permanent position ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
The Electrical Control & Instrumentation (C&I) team within the Facilities Engineering Group are responsible for providing both technical support and design consultancy on C&I plant, systems and equipment for nuclear and non-nuclear facilities within Devonport Royal Dockyard, and Ministry of Defence (MOD) establishments.
The Senior Electrical C&I Engineer, with a software bias, shall be responsible for operational through life technical support on the design intent and configuration of DRDL's industrial software control and monitoring systems which includes Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems for Electrical Power Distribution systems, multiple Nuclear Facilities and Processes, and several Building Energy Management systems (BEMS).
The Senior Electrical C&I Engineer shall lead design projects for software based control systems, taking responsibility for the design lifecycle. This includes leading the team in developing and managing requirements, producing engineering management plans, authoring specifications, delivering design documentation (such as drawings, design reports, operations and maintenance manuals etc.), producing commissioning documents, and providing technical support to implementation phases of the projects.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows -
- Provide supervision and assurance of technical advice to the business on the implementation and maintenance of the electrical control and instrumentation systems under your control, for compliance with relevant codes, standards and regulations.
- Lead internal design projects effectively, as directed by the Principal Engineer (EC&I).
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System.
- Provide guidance to the Principal Engineer (EC&I) in co-ordinating work contracted to external organisations in support of Electrical Control and Instrumentation team's professional services to operational teams.
- Provide assurance to the Principal Engineer that Electrical Control and Instrumentation staff and contractors working under your supervision are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work through effective communication of the Risk Assessment.
- Provide guidance to the Principal Engineer (EC&I) in managing the codes, standards and specifications relevant to nuclear and non-nuclear electrical control and instrumentation assets. Review the impact of changes/updates to legislation, regulations and adopted standards. Advise the business on necessary amendments and impact to electrical systems nuclear and non-nuclear assets.
- Review the results of commissioning tests on non-nuclear and nuclear electrical control and instrumentation assets, when the TA has acted as witness on behalf of the Design Authority
- Provide guidance to the Principal Engineer (EC&I) in setting policies for the electrical control and instrumentation systems and local team arrangements.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and attributes:
- Nuclear Introductory Course or NPFC module 2
- Demonstrate expe rience of software/hardware/embedded programming with implementation of languages including IEC61131 (desirable)
- Display sound understating of relevant industry legislation such as Electricity at work regulations, CDM Regulations, LV Directive and EMC Directive. (desirable)
- Demonstrate proficiency of design lifecycles and production of C&I design deliverables. (desirable)
- Review and approve technical documents & drawings (desirable)
- Positively interact with customers and stakeholders to capture project scopes and requirements to deliver successful projects. (desirable)
- Operate as a good team player and leader with the capability to mentor, coach and develop individuals to be C&I software engineers. (desirable)
- Provide planning and budgetary support to C&I projects (desirable)
- Hold a degree / HND and equivalent experience in an appropriate electrical engineering discipline or equivalent specialist control, PLC, or data acquisition systems (essential)
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 9309 737