Due to ongoing growth and demand, we are recruiting for a Business Analyst to help support our Cyber Programme and bridge the gap between the business and our Information Systems (IS).
The Business Analyst must ensure that the needs of the business are paramount and during the analysis of business problems, the total solution is considered. This solution may, and often should, include information systems but of equal importance are the other elements - the business processes, the information and the jobs / people who do the work (the organisation). This is a key role that supports moving the IS organisation from a commodity / order taker to a Strategic Business Partner.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
* Ensuring the business requirements are defined and addressed.
* Identifying and evaluating relevant solutions to business problems.
* Work with colleagues across the business to assure the realisation of business benefits.
* Maintain good knowledge of IS Governance and IS processes; specifically the front end and delivery processes
* Maintain good overall understanding of AWE Business and Business Strategy and if appropriate specific areas of the business
* Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
In addition to the above, you will be also be required to:
* Develop Request Brief documentation that clearly defines the business issue, need for change, and recommended approaches, for presentation to IS Governance Boards.
* Provide scoping services to help clarify business problems, objectives and potential solutions by using appropriate business analysis techniques including: Data Analysis, Process Analysis, Business Case Assessments, and Root Cause Analysis etc.
* Elicit and validate requirements through the effective use of requirements gathering workshops and resolve any complex requirement conflicts through effective stakeholder engagement.
* Work with colleagues to identify stakeholders who are affected by a proposed initiative or who share a common business need.
* Work closely with IS Architects to identify and evaluate potential solutions, and also to validate the recommended solution address the business requirements.
* If appropriate, identify and document project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies and undertake impact analysis.
To be considered for this role, you must possess demonstrable experience in delivering the above requirements. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment are essential, as is the maturity and confidence to work at the highest level.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.