Internal Regulator (Peer Review)
We are looking for an Internal Regulator (Peer Review) to champion, lead and conduct a Peer Review Service on behalf of AWE plc. Specialising in Major Hazard Safety Justifications, but also applying the techniques proportionally to other risk areas at the request of the company.
Internal Regulation have been challenged by the CEO and our regulators to help identify and support company improvements to achieve a high performance streamlined business. We are regularly challenged on this and influence at a high level, this is a significant role in that endeavour.
As a Peer Reviewer you will provide early support and advice to the company on Peer Review matters and provide technical support to Peer Review Teams in your own personal discipline. You will need to gain respect of key figures in the company and investigate with tenacity whilst understanding local and national standards and meeting deadlines.
We are looking for the Internal Regulator (Peer Review) to have:
- A technical background, application of science and engineering to industrial processes
- Knowledge of AWE facilities, processes and operations
- Organisational, reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good personal time management
- Experience in a nuclear, high hazard and/or highly regulated industry at a technical level
- Knowledge of current legislation associated with licensees operations, and the ONR/MoD licensing regime
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.