Mechanical Design Engineer
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Devon.
Main duties to include:
- Component and assembly design from concept to production using 3D CAD.
- Maintain accurate design records and maintain drawing issue control.
- Use the PDM system to store and issue drawings.
- Revise or amend existing designs and drawings to meet new requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to source new components.
- Assess prototypes for correct fit and function.
- Material selection
- Assess the strength of components using hand calculations
- Prepare documentation for design reviews.
- Report writing and project information recording.
- Vehicle testing using data logging and other instrumentation.
- Undertake or provide any training that is necessary within your role.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- 3D Cad skills
- Good report writing and project information recording.
- Engineering draughting experience for detail components and assemblies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly