Software Test Engineer
7 days left
- Job Type
We are currently recruiting for Software Test Engineer to work on a wide variety of challenging projects in the automotive and motorsport sector.
The main purpose of the role will be to work alongside our Embedded Linux and AutoSAR development teams create, execute and maintain the product test solution. You will be a key member in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug problems at the earliest stage of development. You will also be responsible for ensuring product requirements are captured accurately.
- Can source product requirements and create appropriate test solutions.
- Create and run manual tests and automated tests on embedded Linux and AutoSAR platforms.
- Be the voice of the customer during product development discussions.
- Work with development team to reproduce software issues and debug technical issues.
- Perform system testing activities on test vehicles. This requires a full UK driving licence.
- Design, commission and maintain laboratory and vehicle test equipment systems.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Basic electronics experience.
- Proven understanding of the various testing techniques (Black, White, Grey, Performance, Load, Security).
- Experience with automating tests, and are drawn to the challenge of automating testing where it makes sense to do so.
- Ability to easily recognise system deficiencies and advise on effective solutions.
- Ability to look to prove what is actually happening rather than work off assumptions, and enjoy getting under the skin of something, and figuring out the ramifications of complex interactions.
- Ability to see things from the perspective of our customers, and spot when new features will cause real problems for our customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Desirable but not essential:
- Able to demonstrate a track record of successful implementation of test automation and scripting.
- Experience in CAN bus communications and script development using Vector tools.
- Agile Methodologies experience, SCRUM an advantage.
- Familiar with build and release processes and techniques.
- Familiar with source code control, CI, and deployment tools - ideally Git.
- ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in Software Testing.
Apply for Software Test Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly