7 days left
- Job Type
Based within the Configuration Management Team, we are looking for someone to support the management of change across the assets and facilities that constitute the AWE estate, with the focus being on changes that impact the baseline of key facilities. Change management experience in a technical / engineering environment is highly desirable. Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and manage data are key skills. The right individual will have the ability to liaise with people at all levels from across the business as stakeholder management is essential in this role.
The role will involve close liaison with several regulatory bodies and existing knowledge and understanding of working in a nuclear environment would be ideal, but is not mandatory. Understanding how to build a facilities baseline, and maintaining configuration control is desirable. Knowledge and experience of analysing processes and actively developing them to improve their effectiveness, and a willingness to work with the user community to implement these processes is key. A variety of approaches are currently in use, and the aim is to standardise on one approach.
The Configuration Management team has a strong track record of development that benefits both the company and the individual, so if you enjoy a challenge and have the attitude and the aptitude to tackle this role, then please get in touch.
- Key Responsibilities
- Manage the asset change process and demonstrate adherence through status accounting.
- Stakeholder management - build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders and change managers.
- Work with the Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) teams to ensure alignment with regulations, both internal and external.
- Create, develop and implement processes and procedures to assure and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the project team.
- Be a key change and configuration champion.
- Ensure facility baselines are maintained under configuration control.
- Ensure baseline related documentation and information accurately reflects the status of the facilities.
- Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Environment, Safety and Health requirements and regulations.
- Experience and understanding of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of change management and the configuration of (for example) product, plans, specifications, plant and all related documentation.
- Experience of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Asset / Product management knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working with a requirements management tool would be advantageous.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.