Change Management Specialist
7 days left
- Job Type
Based within the Configuration Management Team, we are looking for someone to support the management of change across the assets and facilities that constitute the AWE estate. We are looking for a determined, proactive, well-organised individual who is keen and able to develop their change management skills and experience. Whilst previous exposure to a technical / engineering environment would be advantageous, it is not essential as the necessary level of training will be available. Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and manage data are key skills. The right individual will have the ability to liaise with people at all levels from across the business as stakeholder management is essential in this role.
The Configuration Management team has a strong track record of development that benefits both the company and the individual, so if you enjoy a challenge and have the attitude and the aptitude to tackle this role, then please get in touch. Key Accountabilities include;
- Monitoring the progress of changes, ensuring compliance with the Asset Change Process, and that those changes are accurately recorded and documented upon implementation
- Working with the stakeholders to fully understand all live changes and their impact on each other, highlighting any potential risks to safety and the programme
- Analysing change accumulation, highlighting the potential impact to safety, risk and regulations
- Providing support to the asset change team and community, providing advice on standards, applicable legislation and company process and procedures
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality
- Be a great team player
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing the asset change process and demonstrate adherence through status accounting
- Stakeholder management - build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders and change managers
- Be a key change and configuration champion
- Ensure all documentation related to assets impacted by change correctly represents the 'Live' status of the asset
- Ensure all baseline affected by change are maintained under configuration control
- Performance delivery
The successful candidate will be educated to A Level standard or equivalent with some change management experience. They must possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Familiarity with change management and configuration of (for example) product, plans, specifications, plant and all related documentation is required. Knowledge of CAD and GIS at a basic level desirable
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.