*EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY - Data Scientist - Leading Management Consultancy - £50-£60k + Benefits*
The world's leading Management Consultancy are keen for a Data Scientist to join their ever growing Data & Analytics team, as part of the organisation's Technology Solutions function.
The chosen Data Scientist will be a highly driven quantitative professional who can help organisations in their data-driven transformation journeys. Extracting a variety of information at a massive scale - drawing deep insights from the data, using complex analytical algorithms and articulate compelling stories.
Qualifications, Experience & Background:
- Ph.D. or MSc in Computer Science, Statistics or similar scientific or engineering fields.
- Working knowledge of a Big Data framework like Hadoop, including the various components like HDFS, Hive, Spark and the Map/Reduce programming framework.
- Relevant experience (1+ years) of managing and retrieving large-scale information in one or more industry areas like retail, healthcare, telecommunications, finance, software engineering, social networks, physical and life sciences etc.
- Experience with advanced visualisation techniques, including D3.js.
- Evidence of significant contributions to successful and interesting data-centric projects. This could be through academic research, industry experience, start ups or personal interest.
- Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in big data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java. Proficiency in other languages such as C++ will also be considered.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and causal inference. - Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets.
- Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Applied machine learning and natural language processing
- Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
- Social network analysis and statistical text mining o Neural networks o Event detection and tracking
- Data visualization
- Ensemble-based methods such as random forests
- Data mining and predictive modelling
- Demonstrable curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and desire to solve problems
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
- Strong and demonstrated leadership experience
- Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organisation
- Creative problem solving ability, working in ambiguous situations
- Flair for storytelling based on actionable insights drawn from raw data
- Entrepreneurial & pragmatic mindset
- Willingness to break the rules
- Have superior planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle
Get in touch ASAP to join this award-winning business - firstname.lastname@example.org/02076541081
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age