IT Solution Designer
3 days left
- Job Type
IT Solution Designer, Basingstoke, Permanent
My client is a British company founded well over a century ago that employs over 7000 people and had revenue just under 1 Billion for 2017. They are looking for an IT Solution Designer to join their well-established team. You will be responsible for architecting and designing solutions within the relevant technology area. The individual will act as a technical design authority in order to drive the design and delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner. They will provide support and guidance for more junior members of the team (and engaged partner resources), striving for continual process improvement.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Works closely with key business & IT stakeholders, business analysts, and other team members to understand and help define/elaborate requirements. Where appropriate the requirements should be challenged to ensure adherence to industry best practice or align to existing/out of the box functionality as appropriate.
- Creation and evolution of detailed designs across the relevant technologies. LLD, TDD, etc.) with a focus on standardisation and re-usability. This will include Low Level Designs, Technical Designs and Interface Contract Documents.
- Act as a conduit between Solution Architecture and Development teams, ensuring effective translation of high level design and adherence to architectural and design standards/principles. Collaborate with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure alignment on design is achieved.
- Have detailed technical and functional knowledge of the relevant platform/system capabilities. Applies knowledge of industry trends, standards and developments to improve technical deliveries and service.
- Provide design assurance/governance during the build/test phases, acting as a technical design authority and ensuring the solution design and implementation meets technical, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Drive the definition of best practice and standards within the design and development teams. Responsible for reviewing requirements, functional specifications, architectural designs and test strategies to ensure members of the team are adhering agreed standards. This should include identifying repeating issues and mitigation strategies (feeding into appropriate reviews).
- Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify areas for improvement within your team's delivery and, where appropriate, lead the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
- Work with the IT Portfolio Manager for the relevant functional area to understand future strategy, roadmap and support the definition of an aligned Tech roadmap.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience: Demonstrable experience in design and implementation in the relevant technology area.
- Experience in a similar role designing/architecting solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile).
- Experience in UX/UI design beneficial.
- An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Apply for IT Solution Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly