IT Team Leader
2 days left
- Job Type
AWE is looking for a strong team leader and resource manager who has prior experience in the world of Information Technology.
Team Leader Job Purpose:
Manages and leads a team of technical IT staff and contingent workers. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team. Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides help to management, including the hiring and training of staff, and keeps management updated on team performance. Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
Team Leader Job Duties:
- Reports to Head of IT Infrastructure and may be required to perform managerial duties when he/she is absent or out of office.
- Manages the day to day activities of the team, planning their time and making best use of the key skills of the team to meet the demands of sustainment and project work.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assists management with hiring processes and team training
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and compliance
- Communicates deadlines and goals to team members
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer enquiries
Team Leader Skills and Qualifications:
Team Leadership Experience, Resource management experience, IT Knowledge and IT Industry Experience, Leadership Skills, Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills, Motivational Skills, Results-Oriented, Interviewing Skills, Self-Motivation, Strong Relationship Building, Customer Service Skills
Knowledge of working in an IT environment (i.e. Networks, Windows Desktop), Experience of ITIL would be advantageous, capable of becoming a member of the BCS.
The job may require some local or occasional overseas travel for training or conferences. In addition, the job holder may be required to work occasional weekends or evenings in support of system maintenance activities.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the relevant level of security clearance required.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.