3 days left
- Job Type
Due to ongoing growth, we are seeking to recruit a Deputy Accreditor to join our growing IT team to ensure that our IT and Operational Technology (OT) systems are suitably accredited to comply with key requirements.
The ideal candidate would be able to develop strong relationships with a variety of internal colleagues and external customers, and must possess the confidence and maturity to advise and challenge where necessary.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with functions and projects to ensure that information risk is managed according to threat, impact, risk appetite and HMG Policy.
- Review high and low level solution designs for compliance with existing risk management arrangements and policies.
- Facilitate the formal accreditation of our IT and OT systems.
- Contribute to the ongoing relationship between AWE, MoD and NCSC.
- Supervise IT Health Check and Vulnerability Assessments as required.
- Advise managers on appropriate levels of risk tolerance.
- Attend, and where appropriate, supervise project Security Working Groups.
- Advise Senior Managers on change management decisions.
- Liaise with and brief MoD DAIS accreditors.
The successful candidate must possess very strong communication and relationship building skills as well as have demonstrable experience of the above. Prior experience within the Defence sector is not essential, though would be an advantage.
Successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.