Environmental Test Engineer
Environmental Test Engineer required to work under the guidance of the Test Team Leader, will be responsible for:
- Liaison with the Project team on test requirements and input to the planning of test campaigns
- Working to a Test Instruction, configuring and conducting a wide range of environmental tests using vibration, shock and climatic test facilities
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of Environmental test techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 00-35, Mil Std 810F and other relevant standards
- Instrumentation and measurement of products undergoing environmental tests
- Maintaining accurate, timely records of activities
- Writing test and assessment reports in support of Environmental testing
- Working closely with other test engineers, project engineers and customers
- Definition and adaptation of vibration control strategies
- Conducting investigations into product behaviour and adaptation of tests accordingly
- Review and investigation of product issues relating to environmental inputs and recommending solutions
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Extensive experience of mechanical (vibration and shock) and climatic environmental testing, ideally within the Defence Sector.
- Understanding of the requirements of UKAS Accreditation to BS/EN/ISO 17025
- Operation of climatic chambers and equipment
- Detailed knowledge of programming and using vibration test controllers / data acquisition systems (experience of LMS controllers / measurement systems would be an advantage).
- Ability to understand and develop vibration control strategies, o good working knowledge of associated instrumentation and DEF STAN 00-35 / Mil-Std-810 testing standards.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of conducting complex vibration tests (e.g. narrow band random on random or MIMO) would also be a benefit
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.