Head of EW Business Development
2 days left
- Job Type
The Electronic Warfare (EW) Operational Support group is looking to welcome a new Head of EW Business Development into the company. This role will support the group’s vision of enhancing EW Operational Support through data insight and business change. Successful delivery will incorporate the active promotion of MASS’ EW support services and solutions that provide critical platform protection and accelerate operational independence across the Land, Air and Maritime domains. The successful candidate will be key to the growth of this business area as well as the wider MASS business portfolio, and as such they will have the ability to demonstrate a strong track record in winning business, ideally in the UK and Export Defence markets. Supporting one of our key values as a people business, this role will be required to evidence a strong personal network which is clearly still growing, as well as generating new business through new networking opportunities and direct approaches.
- Proven business development skills will include:
- Identifying and building relationships with potential customers
- Developing and delivering strategic plans to ensure the achievement of targets;
- Identification of emerging trends and markets, including market analysis;
- Provision of leadership to Campaign owners
- Proven management and leadership skills will include:
- Line management of allocated BD managers;
- Staff recruitment;
- Professional and career development of team members.
- Assisting customers in requirements development;
- Working with technical and commercial staff to develop formal and informal bids and tender documents;
- Contract negotiation and closing deals;
- Strong presentational and interpersonal skills;
- Account management.
Applicants should possess a natural authority and persuasive leadership style with strong interpersonal skills used to engage at a senior level with our customers. We seek someone dedicated, self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable. This is a senior appointment offering considerable autonomy and will report directly to the Business Development Director.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Background in EW and/or Intelligence where mission data, training and operational support were key drivers
- Knowledge of UK MOD and Export procurement processes
- Tools & Methodologies: Campaign and capture planning; Bid Writing; Business Case generation; P3M; Shipley
- Applications: Competent in the use of the full suite of MS Office applications; experience in utilising or; knowledge of solutions using data to improve process and business performance
- Markets: Knowledge and experience of selling directly to Defence markets
- Other: Proven business development skills including formulation of business strategy.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Tools & Methodologies: Business Planning; Strategic marketing;
- Other: Consultancy/technical/engineering background; Knowledge and design of business development processes; Experience in promoting / marketing service offerings using digital platforms.
- The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be in a position to qualify for NSV Security Clearance.
- This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Lincoln. Full company benefits will apply.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.