Technical Sales Manager
MASS provides world-leading Electronic Warfare Operational Support (EWOS) across the Land, Air and Maritime domains. We combine technical expertise with operational experience to enhance our UK and overseas customers’ EW capabilities through the following services and solutions:
- EW Data Management – Software and Systems
- Modelling and Simulation
- Countermeasure Development
- EW Training
- EW Consultancy
At MASS, we understand that business success is the best way to achieve success for all MASS people (in terms of rewards, pride, security, fresh technical challenges and development opportunities). The EWOS group is currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager. The role of the Technical Sales Manager is to provide technical support for nominated EWOS sales campaigns, and to support bids as required. You will also act as the primary point of contact for technical stakeholders within internal, supplier and customer groups. Key Responsibilities
- Build excellent relationships with current and potential MASS customers.
- Provide input to the EWOS Business Plan.
- Deliver sections of the nominated Campaign and Capture Plans as agreed with BD, and where required:
- Represent MASS at nominated events, conferences and meetings.
- Provide market and competitor analysis.
- Generate leads and opportunities in new customers and by farming existing accounts.
- Act as the customer’s primary point of contact on technical matters,
- Support customer-facing BD activity – for example customer presentations, eliciting and documenting requirements, gap analysis, customer workshops, generating solution options.
- Promote innovative solutions, helping to enhance MASS competitive advantage and maintain entry barriers to competitors.
- Advise on technical viability at bid gate reviews.
- Support the production of winning Bids as agreed with Group Head, and where required:
- Generate cost effective solutions, cost estimates, detailed bid and technical input.
- Support the Technical Architect allocated to the bid.
- Report progress, issues and risks to Group Head and BD representatives to support the Monthly Lead/Prospect Board, the Group Management Report (to Cohort) and relevant Visit Reports.
- Provide input to roadmaps for products, technologies and EWOS lines of business, including engagement with the Engineering Management group
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Applicants should possess a natural authority and strong interpersonal skills used to engage at a senior level with our customers. We seek someone dedicated, self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable.
- Knowledge and experience of campaign and capture planning; Bid Writing; Business Case generation; P3M; Shipley
- Competent in the use of the full suite of MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience of selling directly to Defence, Aerospace or Energy and Utilities markets OR Experience of selling products and services solutions into a broad range of public and private sector markets
- Proven business development skills including:
- Identifying and building relationships with current and potential customers
- Assisting customers in developing relevant technical requirements
- Providing technical advice and support to develop formal and informal bids and tender documents
- Account management
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Strategic marketing;
- Consultancy/technical/engineering background;
- Knowledge and design of business development processes;
- Experience in promoting / marketing service offerings using digital platforms.
This is a full time, permanent role (37.5 hours) based in Lincoln. We offer a competitive salary plus full company benefits. Benefits will include
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply In order to be considered for this Technical Sales Manager role you must be eligible to hold UK NSV SC clearance. MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
More searches like this
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Sales / Marketing None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln