Systems Architect/Design Authority
- Job Type
Secure Systems Design Authority - SC Cleared, Newport, Initial 6 Month Contract
Scope of position:
The SSDA is responsible for the leading and defining the Architecture and Design or enterprise grade PKI secure solutions. This will include, but is not limited to, all security aspects of design, connectivity, technical compliance, technical interoperability, legacy system integration, technical transition, transformation options. It will also require working with a service architect to produce service evolution roadmaps.
This role is to provide senior architecture and design skills into the development of the security networked services product set, proposing and delivering solutions based primarily on COTS application in a service based format and to lead the architecture and design activities as the Solution Design Authority (SDA). They will also be the technical point of contact on the solutions produced for both other stakeholders with the business and potential customers.
MUST hold UK MOD SC clearance and be willing to achieve higher level clearance when necessary.
As a secure systems design authority (SDA) solution owner within the field of Trusted Networked Services (TNS);
- Devise, create and fully describe the logical and capability based system architectural views
- The roles demand high proficiency inMuti-vendor firewall guards, IDS/IPS technologiesPKI based solutions
- Virtualisation, VMware/HyperV etc
- Cisco & Juniper based switch and router networking
- Contribute to planning, description and execution of the configuration, implementation and integration of systems and the supporting storage and network technologies
- Contribute to the development of client deliverables such as assessment reports, requirement documents, technical architecture designs, operational procedures, user guides and training plans.
- Organize and document finding of studies, develop proofs of concept and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems and their operational procedures.
- Working with a CLAS consultant to identify the security aspects of design to achieve the required security target for any given solutions and express those requirement within the design.
- Contribute to the growth of the business through solution and business development support.
- Ensure system integrity is maintained and that all applicable standards are maintained.
- Liaising with stakeholders to establish key elements and requirements
- Working with third party supplier providing COTS and bespoke system components.
- Work with the system integration team to build and manage systems.
- Control & authorise maintenance releases through managed change
- Control & authorise the creation of user manuals and training materials to train system developers, maintainers and users.
- ITIL v3 foundation
- Skilled with the design and delivery of a major programme as the SDA in the cyber or network security domain.
- MUST have experience with Government or Enterprise PKI frameworks. (None negotiable).
- Proven knowledge of Enterprise grade certificate services & PKI.
- Developing ICT or security policy at government or enterprise level.
- Led multi-disciplined teams
- Fulfilled role as Technical Authority working directly with the End Customer on a regular basis during all phases of a complex programme.
- Proven experience working with at least 2 of the following; UK MOD, NATO and UK central government.
- Good working knowledge of formal customer standards and documentations e.g. UK MOD JSP's, cabinet office PSN documentation, CES GPG's and NATO STANAG's.
- Design and implementation of secure inter-domain solutions and gateways
- IT systems and application hosting environments and exposure to architecting enterprise level N- tier applications.
- Implementing messaging solutions
- Architecture methods (MODAF/NAP)
- Extremely strong communicator
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Apply for Systems Architect/Design Authority
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly