Options Analysis Lead, Ministry of Defence, up to £420/Day. - LOT1JP00027853
Our client, the Ministry of Defence, are seeking a Options Analysis Lead, to join them at Westwells Rd, Box, Corsham SN13 9RA
Team: MOD//MOD Core//JFC//Director Information Systems Services
Initial contracts will run for 11 months and offer a rate up to £420/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 26/04/2018 at 10:27
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
This is a technical management post within the SKYNET 6 Service Delivery Wrap Project. The purpose of the post is to provide project management and leadership for the Options Analysis work-package throughout Assessment Phase Part 1.The workstream lead will be responsible for the delivery of analysis outcomes in accordance with the work-stream EPM schedule, and sub plans, monitoring, tracking and reporting performance and variance to the work-stream lead.The work-package lead should have sufficient technical and management experience to be active in the Options analysis process and be open to assisting in wider project activities on an ad-hoc basis.
The workstream encompasses: Options Analysis (OA) modelling and assessment with a range of stakeholders, including leading and delivering a series of Options Analysis Working Groups (OAWGs), Option Review Boards (ORBs) and facilitation of Investment Appraisal (IA) activities.Overall analysis will require a number of process iterations to reduce the range of possible to options, to a single preferred option endorsed by an ORB.
Options analysis will deliver:
1. A preferred option in full technical detail
2. A preferred route to market and acquisition approach
The work-package leader will be responsible for:
- The allocation, balancing and re-distribution of work load between team members, performing any line management activities as required (management of absence) and referring any further resourcing issues to the workstream lead.
- The planning and delivery of a series of OAWG's focussed on assessing outputs for the various Service Delivery Wrap workstream studies.
- Contributing to the development of the overall analysis process and leading the engagements with the Project Board, Scrutiny and Defence Economics to seek endorsement/approval of these processes.
- Ensuring the holistic integration of OA, IA and other processes in the overall analysis model.
- Providing a focus for the management of Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Opportunities (RAIDO) throughout these processes.
- Develop and maintaining a fully auditable evidence pack that supports the preferred option
- Delivering an LFE work-package that captures both internal/external lessons and evidences where these lessons have been implemented across the SKYNET 6 Project
Travel to other UK locations via car, train or air may be required during the course of their duties
- Previous experience of Options Analysis - Including processes/methodologies that analyse an option set to establish a preferred option, supported by auditable evidence
- Previous experience Stakeholder Communications/Workshop facilitation - The ability to communicate clearly with a range of key stakeholder, including very senior stakeholders. Proven experience in facilitating decision making workshops
- Previous experience of Team management - The ability to manage a mixed team of crown servants, internal contractor support, and external contractor support
- Previous experience of investment appraisals - The ability to develop products in support of investment decisions
- Sound technical knowledge of Service Delivery provision
- Previous experience of MOD approvals process
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.