Service Desk Analyst 1st Line
Job title: Service Desk Analyst: 1st Line
Salary: Up to £25K + 5% flexible benefit fund
This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to become part of an experienced and technical 1st Line team on a well-established and massive IT Estate, supporting a large Delivery Services Organisation on this secure site. Due to the complexity of the account, it is imperative that you have previous 1st line experience. You must be SC Cleared or eligible for this fantastic opportunity, and prepared and eligible for DV Clearance at a later stage.
- Accurately record call details
- Provide updates to the IS Status page.
- Maintain high level of communication with the users throughout the business by open communication.
- Using scripts and personal skills and knowledge to resolve incidents at 1st line.
- Accurately assign calls to the correct resolver groups.
- Provide feedback to users relating to service.
- Provide feedback to service areas on events and deficiencies in service provision as perceived by users.
- Create and maintain user based FAQ’s.
- Create known errors, log and assist in the maintenance of known error database.
- Installation of software at user level.
- Deal with user complaints in a professional manner.
- Maintain knowledge on current industry-wide trends.
- Ensure you are fully versed with the policies and procedures.
- Create remote connections and support users.
- Perform 1st line Server Administration, e.g. password reset, profile recreation
- Adding users to Active Directory object groups.
- Microsoft Office 2010 diagnostics and support
- Windows 7 Performance diagnostics, Application Error logging and reporting.
- Windows 7 user support.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Exp in a customer focused environment
- Ability to identify and solve calls at 1st line
- Current Service Desk experience in a complex IT support environment
- Experience with Windows 7, MS Office 2010 applications to include Outlook support
- Experience with Windows XP, MS Office 2003/7 applications to include Outlook support
- Understanding of ITIL - Service Levels, Incident categories and priorities
- Driving Licence
- Excellent technical ability (MCDST/MCP/MCITP/MCTS)
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN technologies.
- Knowledge of ITIL, (V3 preferred)
- SC Cleared
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria has been a key provider of specialist systems and services to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) for over 30 years. Independence, broad capability and knowledgeable people with a reputation for operational and commercial flexibility have secured our position as one of the MOD’s top ten ICT suppliers
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.