Team Leader Portal Detection Operational Support
Nuclear Threat Reduction - Team Leader Portal Detection Operational Support
Closing date 13/05/18
Location - Reading area
Package: Competitive salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight
We are currently recruiting for a NTR Team Leader to support our busy Nuclear Threat Reduction (NTR) portal detection testing programme on behalf of a government customer. The applicant will provide day-to-day planning to ensure our portal testing capability is fit for purpose. Applicants need to have an engineering or science qualification. Preferably a background in radiological or the nuclear industry and an understanding of off-site working planning and delivery. The applicant will be expected to travel within the UK and must hold a valid UK Driving Licence.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing organisational and leadership support to the portal testing programme to ensure assurance testing deployment tasks are suitably resourced and delivered to time, cost and quality
- Support and liaise with stakeholders to agree deployment objectives to meet schedule requirements
- Completion of supporting administrative tasks including writing plans, reports and database management
Ideally, we are looking for the successful candidate to have:
- An engineering / science qualification (ONC or equivalent)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, and able to communicate information in a clear and concise manner
- Organisational skills; capable of multi-tasking, identifying and managing priorities to meet challenging time scales for deployment off-site
- Additional driving qualifications such as an ADR licence, and AWE site licence
- Experience of working within a team towards common goals
- A positive attitude and able to adapt well to change
- IT skills and experience of utilising Microsoft Office tools
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.
Please note that you must be a British Citizen to apply for a role at AWE.