The Commercial team at AWE is going through an exciting period of growth. We are looking to recruit passionate people with commercial experience at a variety of levels, from Commercial Assistant up to Group Leader. Whether you are just starting out on your career or simply looking for a new challenge we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Commercial Team at AWE manages all customer facing contracts, both pre and post award, throughout their entire lifecycle, as well as ensuring robust commercial processes are in place for the full lifecycle management.
Successful candidates should be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Experience in a commercial, financial or compliance role working either within the public sector or with public sector clients. An added advantage would be experience of secure government contracts and knowledge of the legislative matters relating to them.
- Excellent relationship management skills with demonstrable experience in developing robust relationships with customers and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence at levels appropriate to the role.
- Good facilitation, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills, effectiveness in managing priorities in a multi task role, and the ability to deliver to challenging timescales.
- Ability to identify, use and monitor key controls to manage performance.
- Ability to make sound decisions and to challenge the business and the customer where appropriate.
- Well-developed skills in the use of a variety of computerised business software to support business needs.
- Qualifications appropriate for the role e.g. a Degree or appropriate professional qualification or equivalent experience for senior roles.
Successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the roles.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 7th May 2018.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.