Configuration Specialist - CAD Compliance
This role requires someone with good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and manage data. If you are looking to build on your CAD experience, skills and knowledge and develop your business acumen, then this is your opportunity.
This role is responsible for assuring the quality of CAD work produced by the outsourced CAD service. As the position involves liaising with a third-party, experience of contractor management is desirable. The right individual will have the ability to liaise with people at all levels from across the business, as well as the third party. Ultimately, the role will involve close support of the manager of the CAD Managed Service, deputising as and when necessary.
The AWE CAD team is recognised as a leader in the area of Building Information Modelling (BIM) so the successful candidate should be aware of BIM and its application. The team has a strong track record of development that benefits both the company and the individual, so if you enjoy a challenge and have the attitude and the aptitude to tackle this role, then please get in touch.
Desired Skills and Experience Profile
- Essential - CAD training / experience and knowledge of CAD standards and procedures
- Ability to carry out surveys of existing installations and translate this information into required documents
- Exposure to a technical / engineering environment would be advantageous
- BIM awareness and knowledge of BS1192
- Experience of construction project delivery, particularly M&E
- Experience with Draughting and CAD Management
- Familiarity with change management and configuration of (for example) product, plans, specifications, plant and all related documentation
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.