Wintel Engineer 3rd Line
Job Title: 3rd Line Wintel Engineer
Salary: Market rates
Location: South West England
With expansion on this large technical site, we have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Wintel Engineer to be part of the 3rd line team and be responsible for the maintenance of the Microsoft Windows Servers and Desktop based Operating Systems and associated applications across all desktop services within the scope of the Sopra Steria Desktop Service contract; resolving incidents and implementing changes as directed by the Technical Engineering Team leads. You should be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance
- Apply Operating System patches
- Liaise with external agencies to resolve issues with 3rd party Domains where Sopra Steria is responsible for the Wintel Support
- Manage user identities within Active Directory
- Building Microsoft Windows based Servers using the Microsoft suite of deployment tools
- Update and administration of any changes to Configuration Items (CI)
- Document procedures and review/update on a bi-annual basis
- Carry out preventative maintenance and monitoring using Customer provided tools
- Work in a disciplined and structured manner in accordance with ITIL V3 based service management processes
- Attend client facing meetings
- Develop and maintain customer and third party relationships
- Ensure the Team leads are aware of any issues within the scope of the environments that are supported by Sopra Steria
- Proactive problem management
- Manage all customer issues through the proper escalation channels
- Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) or relevant demonstrable experience with strong experience as a Wintel support engineer
- Understanding of current Microsoft Window Server and Desktop and Server Operating system, including but not limited to Window Server 2012 R2 and 2016, Window 7 64bit and Windows 10
- Detailed understanding of User Management in Microsoft Windows environments
- Microsoft Hyper-V and associated technologies
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployment and management
- Understanding of PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) / AD Federation services (ADFS) and AD group policies
- Able to provide input into the component design process
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills, focused upon meeting customer needs.
- Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model.
- Knowledge and experience of Pull-Print enterprise topology and deployments
- Microsoft SCCM; including building and deploying SCCM packages
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Enterprise Endpoint Security products such as AV, Application & Device locking
- Microsoft SQL server administration
- A working knowledge of the management / fault rectification of recent versions of Microsoft SharePoint
- Network security products such as McAfee Web Gateway, firewall appliances, Denial of Service (DoS)
- products & procedures, Network Intrusion Prevention Systems (NIPS) and Network Intrusion Detection (NID)
- An understanding of managing User Identity using Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) or Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.