Systems Integration Engineer
System Integration and Test Engineers required to operate as part of the System Team at the Value Stream Level within a Scaled Agile Framework. Tasks will be varied and include product & system integration, verification, validation, assurance & platform based testing with problem investigation and support for field based testing. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets.
Typical activities include:
- Support the development of appropriate integration and test plans
- Support detailed planning to successfully execute integration and test activity
- Define test requirements, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
- Execute defined integration activities
- Execute tests and manage test results and associated data
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
- Support status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
- Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
- Broad competence in Systems Integration and Test - Significant experience and depth of understanding across the discipline, practising as an SI&T engineer on a complex development program
- Ability to carry out SI&T activity leading or as part of a team
- Ability to orient issues within Internet and OSI-layered communications models - good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless and wired environments
- Technical awareness of electrical, mechanical and computer systems hardware including knowledge of commercial IT architecture and technologies
- Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
The successful candidate will have the bellow skills/experience:
- Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Systems Integration and Test engineering on large scale Defence design and development programs.
- Practical hands on experience in lab and field based military systems testing including equipment/system commissioning and fault finding
- Experience in build and test automation.
- Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: IBM DOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Office tools
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.