Lifting Services Engineer
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Purpose of role
To lead a multidisciplinary team supporting all lifting and transportation activities on site. Provide technical expertise to supply solutions to challenging project situations ensuring strong customer service and prioritising safety at all times. Manage staff and agency number in line with IBP and project demands.
Key Technical Skills
- Ability to act as subject matter expert (SME) for all lifting and transportation operations.
- Production of detailed lift plans, method statements and risk assessments for all lifting and transportation operations.
- Plan & Organise operational activities, liaising with all costumers and sub-contractors where necessary.
- Production & ownership of processes relating to Lifting Services scope of work.
- Liaise with engineering department and project management teams to identify project requirements for lifting and transportation ensuring that support is timely and efficient
- Knowledge and understanding of the engineering requirement, calculations and drawings to support Production activities.
- Provide SME support to all Projects from Bid Management through to closure.
- Support the centralisation of lifting activities under the facilities management team.
- Management of key internal and external stakeholders across all projects.
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels, training and experience to meet customer demand.
- Builds a sense of team spirit & motivation; encouraging co-operative relationships to deliver shared objectives.
- Sets clear performance objectives and manages day to day performance constructively, fairly and promptly encouraging ownership and accountability.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities
- Lead health and safety throughout the Lifting and Transportation team ensuring that all activities on site are dictated by site policy and regulatory statute.
- Development of lift plans and technical solutions to complex and standard lifting operations.
- Development and implementation of transport method for block moves and units transportation. This includes setting of budget, schedules and standards for the operations.
- Planning of daily operations in line with customers demands
- Efficiently utilise both permanent and temporary Operatives to supply production slinging support; ensuring behaviour standards are being maintenance at all times.
- Proactively support Continuous Improvement initiatives both within Lifting Services and the Facilities Department. Support transformational change objectives both internally within facilities and across the business.
Additional Key Accountabilities
Overview of health and safety standards and statistics for Rosyth Site. SME guidance to be provided when required.
- Ownership of Lifting Services planning and scheduling documentation.
- Shift handovers where required
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements for lifting and transportation operations.
- Monthly team briefs and weekly Visible Leadership Walkround (H&S) programmes.
Role regularly interfaces
- Lifting Services team
- Senior Management & Business Line Director
- Internal & External customers
- Suppliers and sub-contractors
- Health & Safety team
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
- Strong communicator, ability to effectively influence
- Facilitation skills
- Good time management skills, able to effectively organise and prioritise own activities
- Management Experience to effectively lead and develop team
- Strong judgement to identify and take appropriate decisions which impact broadly on the project and business
- Experience with engineering, lifting and transportation operations.
- Appointed Person (Lifting) qualification, however training can be provided.
- Experience in developing method statements and risk assessments.
- Engineering Degree (or equivalent) preferred but not essential
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams.
Please note this role is temporary for 12 months and is open to internla Babcock employees only.
The salary band for the role is Band B.
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.