Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
On offer is an opportunity to work with one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defence products.
The business designs and manufactures products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace and defence markets.
I am seeking a number of Systems Engineers with a background in continued development of existing products, as we embark on the exciting process of establishing our new North Somerset facility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of post-Final Design Review design changes as required
- Value engineering improvements to existing designs
- Obsolescence engineering of existing designs
- Qualification of implemented design changes
The role may include travel to UK and foreign customer sites to support technical meetings, trials and programme reviews.
Highly Desirable / Essential Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a Systems Engineering role on product design and development, ideally to military or civil aerospace standards and focused on in-service product maintenance.
- Experience of the full new product introduction lifecycle (concept definition to product launch)
Useful / Desirable Experience includes at least some of the following:
- Mathematical modelling tools (e.g. Matlab)
- Inertial systems and measurement
- Model-based Systems Design
- Background in products incorporating Electronics, Firmware and/or Embedded Software
- Management of technical teams and/or project lead experience
- International collaboration, multi-cultural team-working
Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
If this role suits your current skillset and expertise please don't hesitate to apply.
Alternatively contact me directly at stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk and attach your most up to date CV.