Systems Software Developer - C++ and Python
Roke is looking to hire capable software developers familiar with C++ and with some experience of Python, able to pick up new frameworks, languages and technologies rapidly to work in a fast moving, cutting edge environment.
Our teams are responsible for the entire software lifecycle, so you will have a good understanding of Linux and be familiar with installation and deployment, and automating integration and test using tools such as Jenkins, Git and Ansible.
You must be comfortable working as part of a team, sharing knowledge and skills to collaboratively deliver software in an iterative way.
Roke operates in the fields of autonomy and AI, communications and connectivity, data analytics and cyber and familiarity with underpinning concepts in one or more of these areas is considered beneficial.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including relocation allowance (where applicable) bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
What the job involves
- Collaborating with colleagues and customers to deliver and present new capabilities
- Working with and applying Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools
- Solution and component design, development and testing
- Technical consultancy, business development and contributing to bids
Roke requires fast and self-motivated learners but supports engineers in growing both technical and soft skills. Successful candidates get the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best engineers in the industry as well as access to both face to face and high quality online training.
Knowledge and experience
- Capable of developing high quality code in C and C++
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with software engineering best practice including behaviour and test-driven development, continuous delivery and other Agile practices
- Familiarity with software development on Linux
- Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex software systems
- Knowledge of additional frameworks and languages
- E.g. Ansible, Django, Docker, Go, Java, Node, Rust, Swift, Vue, React, Angular
- Familiarity with working with open source software
Successful candidates will work as part of teams and occasionally alone with some travel to customer sites and Romsey being inevitable regardless of base location. The possibility to be seconded onto customer sites exists providing further variety.
Work may involve national security work and benefit from Developed Vetting (DV) – something which we may provide a route for you to achieve.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must either hold or be eligible to achieve SC or DV clearance. As a result, candidates should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Consultancy SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Defence SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Gloucester
- Engineering SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Gloucester