QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ provides support, advice and assistance for developing world-class solutions to complex and challenging Network and Communications problems. This includes providing end-to-end analysis and solutions for a wide variety of CIS, Communications and Network requirements working mainly in the defence environment. We have a range of roles to offer across all levels of experience for Network, CIS and Communications Engineers and are seeking talented people who can influence the development of current and next generation systems.
General role – defining, designing and delivering military, government and commercial networks for a range of varied clients
Skills and knowledge
• Requirements capture with key stakeholders (internal and external) for IP based networks
• System design (High Level and Low Level) experience of IP networks
• Configuration & Troubleshooting of IP networks
• Providing network support to customers and users, alongside input to change management requirements
• Experience of IT systems integration across a variety of networks, operating systems and solutions
• Minimum CCNA certified or demonstrate working towards
• Experience of CISCO, FORTINET, PALO ALTO and DELL equipment
For senior level candidates, all the above plus;
• CCNP certified in single or multiple disciplines
• Experience of configuring and maintaining high grade cryptographic devices
• Demonstrable experience with OSPF, BGP and static routing protocols
• Experience of VPN design, implementation and troubleshooting
• Experience with virtualised networks, their design, implementation and troubleshooting
• Experience with iSCSI / SAN architecture
• Experienced with VMWare products
• Experience of implementation of WAN solutions across multiple bearers; ADSL, MPLS, VSAT, Wi-Fi, Microwave, RF
• Experience of leading complex higher-risk projects and tasks, solutions may have no precedence
We have a number of network engineer vacancies available in this area hence the grading of successful candidates will be determined in accordance with and in alignment to skills and experience.
• Demonstrable experience OR a degree in a science, engineering or maths subject
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve high level clearance.
• Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
• Offers solutions to problems.
• Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence in delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional
• Willingness to provide support via on-call rota where needed (desirable)
• Willingness to travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Central Government SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Defence SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Engineering SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Farnborough
- Information Technology SC Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Farnborough