QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ has a requirement for a Communications Systems Engineer to undertake communications engineering design, development, system integration, and test and acceptance activities to support Maritime communication systems in the C4I domain. You will be responsible for successfully applying current knowledge to development of legacy and current military-specific communications technologies in support of planned and future military communication installations to the MOD. This will include:
* Support to developing communication architecture solutions across the frequency spectrum,
* Installation and integration of equipment’s in a range of military and commercial platforms
* Undertake test and evaluation of equipment and solutions in a lab environment
* Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out
To apply, please ensure you include a current CV and a letter of application explaining why you are applying and how you meet our requirements. Please note the role will require the holder to be able to obtain full security clearance.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver will include input to design, development, setting to work and trials operation of communication systems across the communications spectrum. Including Line of Site, Beyond Line of Site and Mobile Technologies.
* Plan/structure own work and report to Project Manager/ Lead Engineer on progress.
* Engage with relevant customers and stakeholders undertaking design and test activities to ensure requirements are met.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required: * Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Communications discipline or able to provide evidence of equivalent experience is essential.
* Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines.
* Ability to work with a diverse range of teams and to also undertake tasks unsupervised/manage own workload.
* An understanding of Systems Engineering principles and how own area integrates into others.
* Capable of innovative thinking.
* Be able to make evaluative judgements on the analysis of factual information.
* Report/presentation writing skills
* Sound and comprehensive communications skills are required in order to exchange complex information
* Willingness to travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
* Rapid learning of current and future communication technologies
* Understanding the requirements in support of planned and future military and commercial communication programmes.
* Innovation in the application/integration of communications technologies to provide new and enhanced capabilities to our customers.
* Proactively anticipate possible problems
* Provide adaptability to solutions within a short timescale to meet customer requirements.
* Task and Team focussed.
* Risk Aware
* Able to follow processes and procedures
* Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events
• Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community
More searches like this
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Scientific None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Portsmouth