ICT Support Engineer
MASS is a successful and growing company with a focus on high technology solutions for government and commercial clients. We provide electronic warfare, cyber security, and secure networking solutions for customers across the defence, national security and commercial markets. Innovation and design are the hallmarks of the company, combined with a trusted reputation for delivery and excellent customer service.
The role of the ICT Support Engineer is to provide 2nd line technical support including:
The operation and control of the IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software, data stored on various media, and all equipment within wide and local area networks) required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business. This includes preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in virtualised computing environments and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Experience of the following hardware: Servers & desktops; Storage Arrays (HP EVA & 3Par); network equipment; and backup solutions
- Knowledge & experience of the following software: MS Server 2008(R2) & MS Server 2012(R2); MS Server 2016; Windows 7 & Windows 8
- Working knowledge of Windows/Active Directory Security implementation.
- Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) & Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser
- Knowledge of Microsoft & COTS Products
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working within project teams and on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- LAN/WAN Infrastructure support
- VOIP Technologies
- Riverbed Optimisation Technology
- Solaris10 + 11
- VMWare ESXi
- HP DataProtector
- Virtualisation (VMWare) ESXi methodologies
- Asset Management & Configuration Control
- ITIL Knowledge/Qualified
- Working knowledge of MoD related Network infrastructures, processes and support.
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in Corsham, Wiltshire. The salary is £30,000 to £35,000 plus full company benefits.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Company benefits portal
- Share Save Scheme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
In order to be considered for this ICT Support Engineer role you must hold a current valid SC clearance and you must be eligible to hold a DV clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.