Network Support Engineer - NOC - SC Cleared
Network Support Engineer - NOC
I am currently recruiting for 5 x Network Analyst based in Birmingham on an initial 6 month contract working for an IT Service Provider as part of their NOC Team.
The duties of this role will be to provide direct technical support for all of our clients Network and Telecoms products and services as part of the NOC Team and assist in the day to day operations and duties of the Customer Support Centre / NOC. It is expected that direct customer support will be an integral part of this role, where the NOC Support Engineer will work remotely on the customer premises as required.
- Investigation of network issues and customer interface problems
- Liaison with Field Engineer Visits to customer facilities and 'live' sites as part of problem based investigation
- Generation of Support documentation (web and paper based)
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigation's for identified issues
- Support the NOC Helpdesk on identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification
- To work with and alongside development engineers
- To provide technical and procedural assistance to Field Engineers
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's, procedural and accredited standards.
- Record returned items from Field Engineers and liaise with repair team
- Provide configured equipment to Field Engineers
- Practical 'hands-on' skills
- Familiar with MS Office Applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a '1st/2nd' line support group
- Be UNIX literate.
- Ideally be familiar with Solaris Operating systems
- Knowledge of IP, DSL, Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper & Brocade, & Ideally accredited in one.
- Ideally have been in a support role in a Telecoms / Datacoms environment.
If this role is of interest please feel free to give me a call on 02076541092
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age