Senior Supply Chain Specialist (NEC)
We are looking for a Senior Supply Chain Specialist to join the Supply Chain function to provide specialist support to the Supply Chain function across processes, systems, supplier management, governance and reporting. We require construction industry experience, including use of NEC contract models and CEMAR (Contract Event Management Reporting).
You will provide technical expertise in one or more of the following specialisms:
- Contribute to the development of best practice processes and systems
- Working with the AWE Business System (AWEBS - electronic purchasing) and information management systems to support functional governance
- Governance tasks as required in support of AWE Supply Chain Management policies, processes and systems
- Developing and maintaining working relationships and awareness with key internal stakeholders
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Specific responsibilities will depend on the specialism but may include:
- Support and contribute to reviews of SCM processes and systems and provide user training if required
- Manage and maintain SCM data e.g electronic purchasing system, contractual/supplier records and/or document libraries
- Provision of both standard and bespoke business reports in accordance with the functional governance schedule or as required by line/task Manager
- Catalogue loading and management
- Duties such as Security Liaison Officer, Fire Officer etc if required.
- Ensuring Supply Chain processes, tools and systems are understood and adhered to
- Promoting and ensuring the use of a fully evaluated and approved supply base
- Working with key stakeholders to ensure the speedy resolution of queries
- Supporting change and championing best practice to promote the SCM function
- Actively seeking learning and development activities
- Consistently demonstrating positive behaviours in line with the company's environmental, sustainability, safety, health, security, quality and ethics standards
- Other duties as reasonably required by line and/or task management
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.