Software Development Engineer
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in East Sussex.
As an Software Development Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Work as part of team to deliver on-time & right-first-time solutions.
- Capture and document requirements for new software features and review and seek approval from stakeholders.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and support embedded software for new and existing products. Software is developed for several embedded controller architectures with reusable frameworks written in C++, running on embedded RTOS and Linux
- Develop and support of board support packages and device drivers for embedded RTOS and Linux
- Produce required project design and test documentation.
- Develop test harnesses, test scripts and automation for software validation.
- Provide internal/external customer support for new and existing projects. This will involve extensive use of software change management and version control systems.
- Provide regular updates on progress to the local management and key stakeholders.
- Future development projects will involve other technologies and, as such, the need to quickly learn new skills in a fast-changing environment is required.
Summary of Key Skills/Experience
- Embedded software design & development
- Board Support Package development and support
- Serial comms protocols
- Ethernet networks
- Software Testing
- Software development using C++
- SVN/GIT, Axosoft/Jira, TeamCity/Jenkins
- Agile software development methodology
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk