Apprentice instructor/manager - Electrical Maintenance
Due to the expansion of our skills academy we are looking for additional staff to provide instruction, advice, guidance, supervision and line management of apprentices who are in their second year in Electrical Maintenance.
As an Electrical Maintenance Apprentice Line Manager/Instructor you will be required to plan and deliver the training syllabus and assess framework requirements on time and to plan working in partnership with all staff associated with the delivery of the programme.
If you join us as an instructor you will achieve a Level 4 certificate in Teaching and Learning as well becoming an AWE first level leader.
We are looking for the Apprentice Line Manager/Instructor to have:
- National Certificate or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and techniques
- Recent evidence of successful operations within an Engineering environment strongly focused on application of craft skills and safety practice
- Proven presentation skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal to be understood by a range of audiences, from new apprentices to senior management
- Good influencing skills to ensure the appropriate learning opportunities and development of individuals.
- Personally well organised and able to work in an organised manner, coping with multiple tasks and able to deliver in the face of challenges.
As part of this role you must:
- Undertake and pass a CRB check
- Have the ability and affinity for working with a diverse range of people and grades across the business particularly young people
- Be able to access all areas of site to monitor work placements including RA areas
- Have the ability to attend off-site events (e.g. meetings, conferences, residential courses, etc.) which may include short periods away from home including overnight stays.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.