Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer required to undertake tasks including requirements analysis, Use Case development, functional and feature specification, elaboration of designs, trade-off analysis and liaison with cross functional teams to develop and regularly deliver working software/solutions through the agile process.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Candidate must have experience in one or more of the following areas acquired through relevant job roles:
- User Applications and Services, including specification, selection or development, system integration, deployment, provisioning and support.
- Information management solutions, enterprise integration patterns, information exchange requirements, data schemas, relevant technologies for information storage, distribution, exploitation within enterprise systems and edge systems.
- System management, including planning, provisioning and monitoring for large enterprise/networked systems.
- Systems interoperability including information exchange requirements, interoperability formats and standards, gateway equipment, information exchange interface , planning and security considerations, and other lines of development.
- Expertise in specifying solutions and approaches for the integration of legacy equipment and software with consideration of backwards compatibility, maintainability etc.
- Strong Microsoft Windows Platform development experience including good understanding of Windows architecture, services, and security features.
- Experienced in specifying solutions for OS configuration to meet client requirements including security hardening, authentication, automated build.
- Experience of virtualisation and container technologies and their application within enterprise / system solutions.
- Familiar with MS enterprise services including Active Directory, Email, Share Point and their specification and configuration within Enterprise solutions.
- Experience with considerations for cross-platform development (e.g. Windows/Linux) and hosting software/services on different hardware types.
- Experienced with engineering methods and tools for requirements management, architecture definition, design elaboration, verification & validation.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially organisation.
The below skills/experience are also highly desirable:
- Experience in using the Agile methodologies for systems or software development.
- Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools: DOORs, PTC Integrity Modeller, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC, RQM.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting proceedure.