Systems Integration Engineer
Systems Integration Engineer required to make a significant contribution to the integration, test and delivery of the systems on programmes through application of world class Systems Engineering expertise. This role may require the candidate to travel in support of the programme objectives.
The programme offers an opportunity to provide System Integration effort on a variety of MoD integration and delivery programmes.
The work will cover a variety of activities including:
- Configuring a suite of communications and infrastructure equipment in accordance with a system architecture document.
- Producing Requirements for Test suitable to exercise the integration of applications onto an infrastructure.
- Performing a number of trials and tests to establish the characteristics of the proposed equipment configuration.
- Documenting all activities in manner suitable to enhance the understanding of both technical and non-technical audiences.
The successful candidate will undertake the below activities.
- Analyse the design of the systems under test, in order to inform ensuing tasks.
- Develop and document requirements for system integration and testing activities on programmes.
- Provide representation of the systems under test through Unified modelling language (UML).
- In conjunction with the rest of the programme team, ensure the programme succeeds.
- Support the development of appropriate integration and testing strategies.
- Support the detailed planning to successfully execute the identified strategy.
- Define test requirements, specifications and scripts under the supervision of a Systems Senior Engineer.
- Execute the defined integration activities.
- Execute the tests and manage the test results and associated data.
- Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions.
- Support the status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Significant, technical competence in integration and testing of complex software based systems; be prepared to describe examples where significant technical competence has been demonstrated.
- Understanding of communications: ability to orient a problem under investigation against the Internet and OSI Reference Models, and good understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and basic routing technologies. Be prepared to discuss and demonstrate this.
- Pro-active and flexible approach to resolution of issues to required timescales.
- Excellent written communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and meeting minutes. Ability to manage documents through a review process, and achieve document release to committed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to present formally at progress reviews. Ability to contribute productively and democratically in team discussions.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent team spirit and constructive attitude.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.