Human Factors Lead
Human Factors Lead Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The successful candidate will be a key player within the programme team, responsible for ensuring GDUK deliver an optimally designed solution with respect to all aspects for Human Factors within an AGILE Engineering Development Framework.
Providing an opportunity to demonstrate your Human Factors knowledge, leadership skills and experience. Requiring close liaison and co-operation with system engineering and integration subject matter experts along with platform & domain expertise residing in wider GDMS businesses. You will need to be a team player, able to work to tight deadlines and be capable of leading from the front and working with a multi-national engineering team whilst also working very closely with the customer community.
- Leadership of the Human Factors Integration and Human Factors Engineering activities across the EvO programme within an AGILE Framework.
- Developing and maintaining HF integration plans.
- Developing and maintaining HF schedule planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Managing the HF risk and opportunities.
- Manages development, apportionment and dissemination of Human Factors requirements.
- Reviews HF elements of all system and subsystem documentation.
- Plans and runs HF design reviews.
- Plans and executes HF assessments (ergonomic analysis, HCI and Usability assessments).
- Generating progressive assurance documentation.
- Liaising with the Customer and managing User involvement through the Human Centred Design Process.
- Collating the body of evidence to justify the acceptability of the design from a Human Factors perspective.
- Managing all the traditional Human Factors processes and techniques and adapting them to work in an AGILE manner in line with the rest of the Engineering Programme in both Systems and product Engineering.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline. An MSc in Ergonomics or Human Factors would be advantageous.
- Proven experience leading HF activities and influencing the design on engineering development programmes in the defence industry, in a domain relevant to Human Factors and C4I Systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and the integration of HF activities within that lifecycle.
- Proven experience in working with sub-contractors through the integration, test and acceptance phases.
- Proven requirements development expertise and experience using DOORS.
- A strong appreciation of all Defence Lines of Development would be advantageous.
- Registered Membership of the CIEHF would be advantageous
- Demonstrable skills, abilities and domain knowledge in systems/software development and integration projects
- Experience of delivering Human Factors on an AGILE Engineering programme
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.