Specialist Autism Teacher
Specialist Autism Teacher
Pension + Expenses + Flexible Benefits
Permanent, Part Time
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
We have ambitious growth plans in 2018 and are looking for the best talent to join the team.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as a Specialist Autism Teacher. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate and will allow you to work independently and as part of a Team.
Key Technical Skills/competencies:
- Able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding in Autism/CCN.
- A successful track record of improved outcomes for children with Autism/CCN
- Understands best practise regarding Autism/CCN
- Demonstrable experience of successful and high quality training delivery
Key Behavioural Competencies
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills including effective time management
- First rate interpersonal skills
- A pro-active, positive outlook
- Ability to inspire confidence in others, including in challenging and complex situations
- Ability to work flexibly in order to meet deadlines and manage a caseload over a specified geographic area
- Minimum four years' experience of recent class teaching in a mainstream and/or special school
- High quality teaching skills, demonstrated with a range of SEN, in particular, Autism/CCN
- Minimum two years of supporting pupils with special educational needs
- Experience of applying specific teaching strategies and methods suitable for pupils with Autism/CCN
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Provide advice to schools to facilitate teachers addressing the particular learning, social, communication and developmental needs of pupils with Autism/CCN.
- Work closely with class teachers, special needs co-ordinators and learning support teachers to develop effective strategies and interventions in relation to individuals and groups of pupils.
- Encourage a co-ordinated approach in addressing a pupil's learning, social, communication and developmental needs to support inclusion, participation and achievement.
- Facilitate the delivery of a range of interventions that are deemed to be appropriate to meet the needs of individual pupils.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of in-service courses for Teachers, Learning Support Assistants and other school based staff, through both commissioned and traded opportunities
- Keep informed of current approaches, teaching strategies and resources relevant to teaching pupils with autism/CCN so that appropriate interventions can be applied in school contexts.
- Qualified to Degree level or above with QTS
- Evidence of further CPD in the area of Autism/CCN
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
External - If this is a role you feel is right for you please apply on this website or visit the Babcock website to apply directly.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For further information about this post - please contact Karen Broderick, Autism/CCN Team Lead on 01905 678 172 or Karen.Broderick@babcockinternational.com