An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Gloucestershire.
- To manage the day to day requirements and controls of the Purchasing Module on the ERP system
- Supplier selection and management of sub-contracted work packages.
- Development of a competitive flexible supplier base, focussed on year on year cost reduction.
- Understanding and interpreting engineering requirements, including quality, delivery, specifications and price and ensuring that these requirements are understood and reflected throughout the procurement cycle.
- Ensuring that all enquiries are sent out in a professional and timely manner to establish the most competitive sources to support the bid management process.
- Negotiation of contracts.
- Prevention of critical supply issues through best practice supply chain management techniques.
- Pursuing Lean, inventory and consignment initiatives within the supply chain.
- To encourage communication between the supplier and engineering to effect cost reduction of mature and new products
- Liaise with other Departments and stakeholders to formulate 'make or buy decisions'
- To manage on time delivery from the supply base and expedite Purchase Orders as required
- Carry out site visits to suppliers as necessary
- Initiate supplier Production Readiness Reviews
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk