Supply Chain Planner
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in West Sussex.
- Ensure consistent and stable supply of material in line with business requirements and agreed inventory parameters.
- Co-ordinate activity with suppliers to establish forecast and buffer levels.
- Daily running of material reports to monitor/review stock levels for all components against production demand dealing with discrepancies, issues or changes and communicating them to management.
- Responsible for inventory management and profile.
- Report on all inbound materials.
- Develop the internal material supply structure to match the needs of the business.
- Develop standard work for the Material control function and key processes.
- Automated purchase order processes
- Continuously improve processes and make recommendations towards enhancements to increase efficiency and drive cost effectiveness.
- Drive and push the boundaries of MRP support:
- Manage stock, maximise MRP systems.
- Develop supplier crisis, business continuity planning.
- Develop an effective skills matrix.
- Monthly reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working in a Supply Chain operation is essential.
- Purchasing and logistics experience with a minimum 5 years' experience in more than one industry.
- A solid understanding of MRP processes and techniques.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel to facilitate the creation of V-look ups and manipulate Pivot tables.
- Practical working experience of an ERP system in a previous role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk