Licenced Aircraft Engineer - Boscombe Down
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
General Description of Job We wish to appoint a Licenced Aircraft Engineer (LAE), Reporting to the Operations Manager. The key accountabilities of the job holder will be as follows:
- Provide a CRS signature for work carried out on company aircraft when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after defect rectification or scheduled maintenance IAW current EASA Part M and Part 145 approvals.
- Carry out and supervise aircraft engineering tasks on company aircraft/equipment in support of the Elementary Military Flying Training Task IAW current EASA Part M and Part 145 approvals.
- To assist in the Ground Movement of Aircraft and Flight Line Operations.
- As required assume responsibility for the site operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Specific technical knowledge.
- Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
- EASA Part 66, B1.2 license, or B3, B1.1 ,or partial completion modules / completed modules to be shown on CV.
- Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
- Driving Licence.
- Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation.
- Composite Materials Experience.
- Human Factors Qualified.
- Recognised SHE Qualification
- Supervisory experience in a Civil/Military Aviation environment.
- Defence industry experience.
- Type Rating on Grob 115E aircraft and Lycoming 360 engines.
- Proven Leadership ability.
- Good analytical/problem solving skills
- IT skills desirable
- Technically competent.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Promotes best practice at all times.
- Supports a culture of high performance.
- Communicates well in order to deliver the task objectives
- Committed to delivery of contract objectives.
- Promotes a partnering approach to managing people and the business
- Demonstrates an active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation.
- Ability to ensure timely action to achieve desired output.
- The above position comes with a range of benefits including Company Pension Scheme.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake MOD security clearance.
- All applicants must hold the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 year reference checks. Verification of any essential qualifications/passport/licenses must be shown at interview stage.
Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 0JF
24 May 2018
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.