We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. Working in a team of 11, this role will take responsibility for company ledgers and financial accounting, while providing a best in class service to internal and external customers. This role will include the management of one direct report.
As Finance Manager, you will be required to:
- Own the month end checklist and driving the month end close process, liaising with several departments, ensuring the month end is closed within deadlines.
- Complete the monthly management accounts in a timely
- Support the completion of the annual statutory accounts
- Complete and review balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Operate within a strict internal controls framework and ensuring SOX compliance
- Maintain the integrity of financial processes and procedures for the financial ledgers
- Produce cost certificates for the customer
- Support internal and external audits
- Line manage one direct report, ensuring they have clear objectives and support.
To be successful in this role, you must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) and must possess demonstrable experience in the following:
- Strong financial experience especially around month end reporting and close, as well as statutory reporting and internal controls.
- Strong organisational skills to manage processes and workload to high level of accuracy within tight time frames
- Ability to supervise and manage one member of staff
- Experience of operating within an internal control framework, SOX is not essential;, but would be desirable
- Strong excel skills, coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.