Test Manager, SC Cleared - Newport
My client is a European multinational corporation who have been established for well over 40 years. They are looking for a Test Manager to join their well-established team. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively manage technical specialists and separate management from technical issues.
- Using appropriate tools and techniques verify and validate deliverables to standards defined in the BMS and specification requirements.
- To be responsible for own career development.
- Involvement in the development of Engineering dept. functions and procedures.
- To be responsible for the time keeping team and self with regards to task milestones.
- Provide technical leadership in at least one tool & technique used by Airbus across Engineering.
- Be aware of technological/engineering developments and issues in industry and interact with the Engineering Management to continuously improve Engineering.
- Represent Airbus on technical matters to the customer in expert field.
- Following contract award, establish the T&V project including definition of key staff attributes and skills, creation of the project/ team structure and creation of T&V strategy
- Manage production of test and verification strategies/plans which:
- Minimise risk by confirming validity of the technical solution as early/cost effectively as possible.
- verify that subcontractors deliverables fully meet their contracted requirements, and make recommendations for subcontractor acceptance
- demonstrate to the Authority that the system meets contracted requirements
- Be accountable for the production of test deliverables including test specifications, scripts and data
- Advise in the creation/use of the System Reference Model or other test environments
- Be accountable for the execution of relevant tests by the T&V team
- Manage the oversight of relevant tests by subcontractors during development and rollout
- Be accountable for the analysis of test results, identification of problems and subsequent retest
- Manage production of Authority acceptance test reports to the Authority and present at Acceptance Meetings
- Be accountable for a Verification Cross Reference Index of test and verification status against requirements
- Monitor, track and report on performance against plan including progress to date, plans to completion and issues arising.
- Be accountable for the defect management process with regards to T&V.
- Be accountable for the decision on acceptance at the Test Readiness Assessment meetings with deliveries from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure the End-to-End testing complies with the project requirements and advise where a scoping exercise is required.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- At least 8 years industrial experience in communications, IT or engineering design, development and implementation projects - essential
- At least 4 years test management experience - essential
- Sound experience in the risk and model based approaches to testing - essential
- Knowledge and experience of IEEE 829 and BS7925-2 - essential
- Proven experience in the following techniques:
- Requirements management
- HP ALM / Quality Center
- Defect management
- Knowledge and experience of managing test and verification activities across split location/multi-country design teams - highly desirable
- Experience with Government PSN/PKI solutions highly desirable
- NATO experience desirable.
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Test Manager for an initial 6 month period.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age