Senior Interaction Designer
Senior Interaction Designer required that will place significant demands on the utilisation of various UX knowledge, methodology and implementation experience in real-world design application and requires experience in championing and executing human centred design practices and usability sessions as part of an overall user experience. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the customer, other HF personnel, systems engineering, and integration subject matter experts.
The ability to lead various UX design sessions as part of an agile working environment in addition to the presentation of designs to internal and external customers. The candidates must be a team player, and be prepared to adapt to the needs of the project.
Typical activities will include:
- Leads the development of individual product/ system components, and provides context for their interaction.
- Creates, evaluates, and modifies prototypes, user personas, operational scenarios, and process maps to support product and system development, with emphasis on operational context, interaction, physical manipulation, and task analysis.
- Develops and applies safety and/ or usability design principles in the investigation of technical problems
- Produces specifications describing product/ system requirements, based on user input and operational analysis.
- Identifies creative alternatives when presented with barriers to progress.
- Contributes to efforts focused on optimising tasks, resources, and deliverables in support of projects/ programmes
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Axure skills essential
- Experience of Agile and SCRUM techniques and methodologies desirable.
- Applies UX and design principles, theories and concepts.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good Microsoft Office & Visio experience.
- Applies knowledge effectively in a team environment.
- Able to accept and integrate constructive feedback.
- Basic understanding of company culture, regulations, policies and requirements.
- Support and respond to project and program interdependencies.
- Takes reasonable risks within defined boundaries.
- Interactions and Interfaces:
- Engineers and managers within several identified work groups.
- Some outside business contact.
- Some cross-discipline communication with higher and lower levels of expertise.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.