Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £30,000 - £60,000
Our client is looking for an up-to-date, hands-on practitioner in several of the following areas:
- Mobile platform development; e.g. Android, iOS, ARM
- Low-level desktop/server platform development for Windows, Linux and/or Mac OSX
- Enterprise-level web technologies; e.g. Django, Node.js, SpringMVC, ASP.NET, RabbitMQ, MySQL/Microsoft SQL Server, REST/SOAP API design
- Automation technologies for building, testing, analysis and deployment; e.g. Bamboo, CodeSonar, Robot Framework, Selenium, vSphere, Docker, Puppet, Salt
- Real-time, big-data processing; e.g. Apache Hadoop stack technologies, Pig, Hive
- Vulnerability research with reverse engineering, penetration testing and ethical hacking
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating system security and associated network/platform design, hardening and deployment
- Understanding of network transport protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), application protocols (e.g. HTTP, SSL/TLS), firewall theory and packet analysis
- Software lifecycle, issue management and version control technologies and practices; e.g. Git (using Git Flow), Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, Scrum/Kanban
- Cyber-security and certification such as such as CISSP, SANS GIAC, Security+, Network+, Linux+, MCSE, CCNA or SSCP
- Full engineering life-cycle and Systems Engineering (IVV&T) practices from requirements/user story capture and decomposition through to integration, acceptance and customer sign off
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.