Senior Software Application Engineer
Senior Software Application Engineer - Permanent - Gloucester - Excellent Salary
Our client is seeking a Software Application Engineer to work in a DevOps environment, supporting and enhancing a subset of applications. The Senior Software Application Engineer is expected to be involved in all aspects of the application lifecycle and will design application enhancements, identify the defect root causes and will assist users seeking help and guidance with supported applications. This Engineer will report to the Lead Application Support Engineer and will liaise with both associated development teams and information assurance professionals.
- Deep support activities for developed applications managed through a Service Management framework
- Resolution responsibility for Incidents, Problems and Event Service Management tickets
- Maintenance of Business As Usual (BAU) supported applications
- Development of application support artefacts and documentation templates
- Software design and implementation of software enhancements
- Ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle
- Providing input into estimating / planning, and contribute towards ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Applying knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures including GIT and the Atlassion Suite (particularly JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification
- Java, JEE, EJB3, Hibernate, JPA - JEE
- Linux OS
- Kibana, ElasticSearch
- Good communication skills
- ITIL Foundation
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of Agile Development
- JSF (Primefaces)
- Web Services, REST
- XML, XSD, XSLT, JAXB
- Oracle/Relational Databases/SQL and MongoDB.
- Puppet, Chef
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
Apply for Senior Software Application Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly