Senior Systems Engineer (Contract, Defence Naval)
Role: Senior Systems Engineer (contract) (DOORS, V&V, Testing & Full Systems Lifecycle Engineering)
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
Duration: 6 month initial contract
Rate: negotiable depending upon experience
Start date: ASAP
Modis are currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer on behalf of a Naval Defence company based in Dorset.
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with knowledge of requirements management, design reviews, specification development and Verification and Validation. You will be at the leading edge of technological innovation, responsible for the efficient manufacture of the next generation of high integrity electronic systems for the defence and Naval industries.
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project System Requirements Specifications;
- Developing and documenting the System architecture;
- Developing and documenting the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications;
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement (incl. Acceptance Management Plan);
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable;
- System testing and reporting:
- Leading with system testing;
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing:
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal);
- Configuration and Data Management
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
Keys Skills / Experiences Required:
- A background in the defence or marine industry is preferred (ideally with some knowledge of SONAR).
- Experience of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and 'V-Model'
- DOORS Requirements Management (Elicitation, Derivation, Decomposition, Flow-down, Verification & Validation).
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices and common pitfalls, fundamental project management practices and other electronic systems used in the defence industry is also needed.
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be prepared to undergo the Security Vetting process in order to apply for SC level security clearance.
If this role is of interest, and you would like further details, please click the button below to send your CV through to Modis and we'll be in contact to discuss more.