SNOC Analyst / Security Analyst - SC Cleared
SNOC Analyst / Security Analyst - SC Cleared.
I have an exciting opportunity for an SC Cleared SNOC / Security Analyst to join a global IT Service Provider to work as part of their Security & Network Operations team based in Bracknell on a permanent basis. This particular role will be working within the Defence sector.
The ideal candidate will have a minumum of one years experiance of working within a Security & Network Operations (SNOC / NOC) team and be used to handling incidents and have had exposure of working with SIEM technologies.
The SNOC Security Analyst is part of the Security and Network Operations Centre (SNOC) team that support the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our clients ICT infrastructure. This role is responsible for the control and handling of security incidents within the SNOC, both originating from the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system, and from third parties. In addition the Security Analyst will offer supervision and guidance to the team's Security Operators.
Reporting to the Principal Security Analyst and providing 24 hour cover, the Analyst will manage and control security incidents, acting as an escalation point to internal and external customers. The Analyst will also oversee the management of the SIEM technology and liaise with project teams and technical SMEs to develop protective monitoring solutions.
A good knowledge of Information Security principles and security incident handling is a necessity.
- Experience of security incident handling.
- Experience of Security Operations.
- Knowledge and experience of SIEM technologies.
- Understanding of information technologies and their functions.
- Understanding of network security methods and tools.
- Understanding of the attack lifecycle.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Customer and business orientation.
- Must hold or be eligible for DV clearance.
- Qualifications such as GCIH, CISSP.
- Experience of LogRhythm.
- Experience in a service operations environment.
- Understanding of management, monitoring and maintenance of security appliances such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, packet capture solutions, web/email filtering.
- Understanding of threat intelligence.
- Understanding of forensic principles.
If this role is of interest and you'd like more information please feel free to call me.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age