Monitoring Engineer - APM Tools (Splunk/CA)
Monitoring Engineer - APM/UIM Tools (CA/Splunk) - Leeds
My client is a UK company who is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has been established for well over 30 years. They are looking for a Monitoring Engineer to join their well-established team. The ideal Monitoring engineer will be experienced in deploying, architecting and implementing monitoring solutions and also have a good working knowledge of enterprise class CA APM and or UIM toolsets and (Splunk)
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of core enterprise monitoring systems and maximise their availability, resilience and performance
- To drive quality improvements and integrations that provide class leading infrastructure and application monitoring solutions in a rapidly evolving technology stack
- To transition monitoring solutions, upgrades and new deployments into production and other environments for operational readiness across cloud and legacy platforms
- To work with project, development and operational teams to enhance and develop custom monitoring requirements.
- To create and maintain event automated processes that support systems and contributes to a stable environment
- Expose key infrastructure and application metrics for capacity planning activities
- Continuous self-development and understanding of both current and future technologies
- To share knowledge and cross train skills with the team to maximise overall effectiveness
- Maintain and improve key relationships within the immediate team, infrastructure operations, Technical services, service desk, cloud and platform and senior management
- Act as a mentor and subject matter expert as and when needed for other teams.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Experienced in deploying, architecting and implementing monitoring solutions
- Excellent background of Operating Systems infrastructure technologies and application containers
- Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise class CA APM toolsets (CA/Splunk).
- Highly focussed on providing a quality service and a dedicated self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Understanding and aptitude to define and deploy monitoring improvements across a large disparate infrastructure
- A solid understanding of cloud based technologies
- Ideally holds an ITIL foundation qualification
- Ideally holds a degree in an IT discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Monitoring Engineer for a 12 month period.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age