Network Engineer DV Cleared
Network Engineer DV Cleared | Newport | 6 months
We are currently recruiting for an experienced DV Cleared Network Service Engineer on a 6 month initial contract in Newport. The role will be responsible for providing technical assistance and solutions to users and customers via the service desk and providing an interface to other technical stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To provide resolution to service incidents and problems, applying diagnosis and maintenance activities.
- Identify and champion opportunities to drive enhanced value and cost savings that ensure services are delivered cost effectively.
- The service must be delivered in line with contractual obligations to avoid organisational exposure and the allocation of service credits, abatements and liquidated damages. Consistently perform and deliver outputs within the service contract time constraints (KPI's, SLA's and CSF's).
- Regular housekeeping activities are carried out on the delivered service in accordance with contractual obligations and continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Actively participate in the attainment of industry standard and vendor specific certifications and processes, including ITIL framework, ISO20000 accreditation for Services
- Participate in the company rotating shift and 'on call' program as required by the service contract and company needs.
- Performing initial troubleshooting of faults using the management platform
- Diagnosing and fixing faults within the SLA, either remotely or utilising Field Maintenance Engineers (FMEs) on site.
- Liaising with FME when on site and providing assistance when required.
- HNC or equivalent Comms/Engineering discipline
- Cisco CCNA
- Previous network installation experience mandatory.
- Proven experience as a network support engineer
- Proven experience of network installation and commissioning
- Port reconfiguration with daily reporting
- Core switch port reservations
- Core LOAP VLAN Creation
- New VLAN applied to switched including ACLs, QoS,
- VLAN moves during PC Migration
- Service Engineering Support to users.
- Windows desktop and server environments
- PacketShaper/Steelhead desirable
- Service Desk methodology i.e. ITIL, Prince2, SixSigma
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Apply for Network Engineer DV Cleared
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly