Lead Project Safety Engineer
Safety Engineer to provide technical safety leadership required with a track record of delivery on several major safety programmes and will have used system of system safety techniques such as Modular Safety Case; Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) and Modular Safety Arguments. In this role, software and functional safety experience is highly desirable along with the planning, execution and delivery of safety and environmental management programmes.
Typical activities will include:
- Plan and execute the safety and environmental programme including working alongside system engineers involved in Agile developments
- Determine Safety Integrity Levels (SILs) and be able to demonstrate they are met
- Run HAZOPS
- Conduct product and system preliminary/system hazard analyses
- Organise the transition of the system safety case
- Write supplier safety requirements and work with suppliers on acceptable delivery of safety case reports
- Work with the Customer's project safety engineer and safety assurance team
- Deliver the modular system safety case
- Be familiar with environmental techniques and methods, e.g. POEMS
- Be familiar with all current and future safety and environmental legislation
- Provide advice on the safe installation of equipment on land mobile platforms.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in Safety Engineering for large scale system of systems, or a background that provides the equivalent transferable experience/competence.
- System and product safety case plans and reports
- Software Safety
- Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis
- Modular Safety Cases and Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
- Def Stan 00-55; 00-56; IEC 61508; JSP 454; DO-254; DO-178B and C;
- Safety Integrity Levels (SILs)
- Legislative compliance and knowledge of current/future safety and environmental legislation
- Environmental Management
- A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate.
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.