Project Engineering Manager
Project Engineering Manager
£50,000 - £60,000
Various UK Sites possible
An international Aerospace & Defence company is looking to hire a Project Engineering Manager to join their UK operations to focus on Export Support for this company's entire product range.
This is a great opportunity for somebody with a strong Projects and/or Engineering Management background in the Aerospace sector (and ideally those with Typhoon experience). The role can be based from any one of their various UK sites and will require somebody who is willing to undertake European, Middle East and potentially world-wide travel with overnight stays likely to be required.
Key Responsibility Areas
Key tasks of the role are to:
- Be the Customer facing representative for engineering delivery on Typhoon Support Export Support Contracts with all external Customers and Partners.
- Take ownership and co-ordinate/manage the engineering work packages, and periodically report on work package health.
- Manage the engineering team to ensure the contractual requirements of the projects are executed.
- Manage the engineering risks and opportunities, and report these to the key stakeholders both internal and external to the Company.
- Lead the engineering activities for Typhoon Support export business development/winning activities.
Some key responsibilities / duties would be:
- Achieving Customer and Partner satisfaction through an understanding of their needs and drivers.
- Delivering engineering performance on time that matches or exceeds budget.
- Working with the Business Development team in bid/proposal activities to support the design of new or improved support solutions to secure new business.
- Agree work packages with the back office Radar and DASS support engineering management teams to deliver the project requirements.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Strong engineering management background, with experience in working in industry defence / government contracts.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience in managing and motivating a multi-disciplined and geographically dispersed team.
- Experience of working with multi-company collaborations or within a partnered working environment.
- Understanding or awareness of Typhoon in-service support programmes, or modern and innovative in-service support approaches.
- Experience in working within a bids and proposal team on a complex multi-stakeholder programme.
- Working knowledge of the Life-Cycle Management processes.
- An understanding of the Typhoon Avionics systems.
- Experience in delivering high value programmes/ projects.
Apply here today and find out more!
Apply for Project Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly